Difference between revisions of "DC Invitational"
|Line 10:||Line 10:|
The players invited to play based on their game stats , number of games, solos, draws, seconds, NMRs and of course Civil Disorders. , , and the .
Revision as of 11:52, 26 May 2010
The DCI, or Diplomaticcorp Invitational is a small, two-round tournament that was established in 2006 by Stephen Lytton (Deathblade_penguin).
The idea was to invite the top players to a game of Diplomacy - where the best of the best will face off.
Now in its 3rd year, the tournament has expanded. In 2008 there are 2 rounds consisting of 10 players. These players are some of the best, active and loyal players in diplomaticcorp dating back to the foundation of the club.
The criteria for being invited to play in the most coveted game of the dc year has varied over the years with the evolution of the club. The players have been invited to play based on their game stats - including rating, number of games, solos, draws, seconds, NMRs and of course Civil Disorders. Also earning invites have been less tangible yet just as remarkable accomplishments like active GMing, persistence for survival, and other positive contributions to the community.
- Kevin O'Kelly
- Greg Olsen
- Derek Eyler
- Michael Sims
- Bruce Ray
- Stephen Lytton
- Tony Tella
The final standings for 2007 were:
- Michael Sims
- Mikael Johannson
- Former Trout (replacing Felix Kam Chung)
- Eric Swaitek
- Kevin O'Kelly (2006 Champion)
- Bruce Ray
- Stephen Lytton
3rd Annual DCI, 2008 2008 took the DCI to the shores of England, in the Stonehenge Variant for dc189. A 6-way draw led the tournament into round two, with the top 7 playing a Standard game. With the top draw in both rounds, Dan Dzikowicz was crowned the 2008 DCI Champion.
The final standings for 2008 were:
- In 1st Position, a relative newcomer (perhaps being unknown helped him in this year's diplomacy) is Dan Dzikowicz.
- In 2nd Position (and first runner up) on 10 points is Jorge Saralegui
- In 3rd Position on 8.5 points is Clark Landry
- In 4th Position on 7.5 points is Mikael Johansson
- In 5th Position on 7 points is Mike Sims (2007 Champion)
- In 6th Position on 4 points is Garry Bledsoe
- In 7th Position on 4 points is Nigel Phillips
- In 8th Position on 4 points is Lee Taylor
- In 9th Position on 1 point is Brian Lam
- In 10th Position on 1 point is Derek Eyler.
The 2008 DCI invites were...
- Winner of the 2008 Winter Blitz
- Winner of the 2007 DCI
- The best 'new' player (Top score Under 3 games completed in DC)
- A Recomended Player as agreed by the 3 moderators
- The top 6 'eligible' players as calculated by the DCI formula (pre-ratings)
The top 7 of these players moved on to the second standard game.
The DCI Scoring System
Each Player who has completed a game in DC, is placed on the DCI spreadsheet. They are then given a score calculated by the following formula:
- A base score for the number of games played (2 points for the first 5 games, 1 point for the second 5 games then .5 per game played)
- a score for the result acheived in the first and second games played in DC. (20 points for a solo, 10 points for a draw, 5 points for a survivial and 1 point for an elimination)
- 10 points per Solo
- a bonus for the percentage of games soloed (20 points for top 75%, 15 points for 50-75%, 10 points for 25-50% and 5 points for 1-25%)
- 2 points per draw scored
- a bonus for the percentage of games drawn (20 points for top 75%, 15 points for 50-75%, 10 points for 25-50% and 5 points for 1-25%)
- 1 point per second scored
- 3 points for a replacment position taken (after May 20th, 2008)
- Negative 1 points for every 4 NMR/NBR/NDR or NRR scored.
- Negative 1 point for every 2 games Civil Disorder.
To be eligible to play in the current year's DCI the player must:-
- have completed at least one game in DC in the past year OR be known to be active.
- have not CD or abandoned their most recent game without good cause
- have completed at least 3 games in DC (unless qualifying as best new player)
4th Annual DCI, 2009
The 2009 DCI played a single round 11-player Modern Variant in dc274. It was won by Adam Martin-Schwartze (13 SC, Turkey) by having the largest final SC count in a 4-Way Draw. Jorge Saralegui (9 SC, Norway), Joe Hackett (9 SC, France), and Nigel Phillips (4 SC, Russia) shared in the draw.
The invitations were sent to...
- 2008 DCI champion - Dan Dzicowicz, playing Austria
- 2009 WB champion - Garry Bledsoe, playing England
- Top Provisional rated - Frank Martin, playing the Lowlands
- Top Regular rated - Nigel Phillips, playing Russia
- Top Companion Knight - Mikael Johannson, playing Italy
- Top Light Brigade - Jorge Saralegui, playing Norway
- Best Survivor - Joe Hacket, playing France
- Best Solo Victory - Matt Kremer, playing Spain
- Most Promising GM - Adam Martin-Schwarze, playing Turkey
- Moderator Pick - Drew Ott, playing the Balkans
- Moderator Pick - Max Victory, playing Germany
5th Annual DCI, 2010
The 5th Annual DCI will begin in August 2010. The only guaranteed invites will be the winner of the 2009 DCI (Adam) and the winner of the 2010 Winter Blitz